DIY Christmas: door swag
This super easy DIY swag came together in (literally) just minutes with the leftover greenery I bought at Rose Bredl for our mantel. It gave our doorway such a happy holiday spirit I thought I would share with you all how to make one for yourself.
- different wintertime greenery such as: pine, boxwood, evergreen, blue spruce, eucalyptus, or cypress.
- a berry or second kind of greenery as an accent, like: privet berries, eucalyptus, rosehip, or pepper berry
- a monogram ornament. I used this one, but these are some other good options: 1. 2. 3. 4 & 5
- twine or a sturdy rubber band
- ribbon or twine to tie the look together.
- cut your greenery to the desired length
- add accent berries/greenery and arrange until they’re just to your liking
- secure with floral tape, heavy duty twine, or a heavy duty rubber band
- add ornament (be sure to secure it to the greenery itself and then again with your twine/rubberband for an extra strong hold)
- tie up with ribbon (I like Midori ribbon which you can buy at RB and is double sided satin), or use twine for a more rustic look.
- hang where you like and ENJOY!