Courtney Gerlach: every day essentials for a balanced 2013
Courtney Gerlach is the owner of the new Barre3 studio in Columbus, and I am dying to try their classes now that I’m post-baby (Ive heard nothing but rave reviews.) Not only is she a great friend and a great client, Courtney has the right idea when it comes to living a healthy, balanced lifestyle, and she has amazing taste to boot!
1. Taking more barre3 classes! It truly is the most balanced, effective yet gentle workout I have ever found for my body. I would say this even if I wasn’t the studio owner!
2. Theo chocolate- A little chocolate everyday keeps me from overindulging! Loving Theo Salted Almond Dark Chocolate right now.
3. Signing out and relaxing with a good book, preferably non fiction and made of paper, currently I am reading The Greater Journey
4. I drink a lot of water throughout the day and rarely go anywhere without a bkr bottle. Cool colors, glass bottles, you can’t have just one!
5. Travel. I love breaking my daily routine and stepping outside of my comfort zone, it helps me to relax and reenergize. This year I’m working on a trip to Hawaii to celebrate my Mom’s birthday.
6. The buddha bowl at Northstar Cafe- packed with perfectly steamed veggies every time and OH the buddha sauce!
7. My CAP Silver bracelets. I found them on a trip to Montana almost 2 years ago, my Dad tried to convince me that I would never wear them at home and I have worn them almost every day since. They remind me of wide open spaces, the beauty of nature and wonderful memories with my family.
8. Steven Smith Tea– no. 55 for the morning, no. 45 for an afternoon caffeine free pick me up http://www.smithtea.com
9. Vince sweaters– It’s a coat, sweater and a blanket, I rarely go anywhere without mine.
10.Walking my dog, Bella. A shih tzu that lives up to her nickname “Beyonce”